Healthy Sizzlin’ Summer Short Ribs
Recipe by Executive Celebrity Chef Dominique Solomon
If you’re looking to spice up that old short rib recipe while keepin’ it healthy, then I’ve got the remedy! This recipe is a sure crowd-pleaser and just plain finger lickin’ good!
For more information on healthy recipes visit www.incrediblechefproductions.com and “like” the Incredible Chef Productions page on Facebook to get new, innovative tips on living a healthy lifestyle!
Makes 6-8 Servings
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
3 pounds boneless beef short ribs
2 large red onions
2 orange bell peppers
8 crimini mushrooms
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup peach preserves
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of sweet white wine (optional)
1 habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped (if desired)
1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/2 tablespoon cumin
3 teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoon Cajun Crazy Spice
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
6-inch metal skewers
1. Trim fat from ribs. Place ribs in a 4-to-6-quart pot with enough water to cover ribs. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Drain.
2. For sauce: In a medium saucepan, cook the habanero pepper and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in the ketchup, peach preserves, vinegar, barbecue sauce. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
3. Thread short rib squares onto skewer, alternating with vegetables. Brush with oil.
4. Stir together all dry seasonings in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of ribs. Rub into surface.
5. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place ribs, meaty side up, on the lightly oiled grill rack over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 minutes or until the ribs are tender to the touch, brushing occasionally with the sauce. Heat the remaining sauce until bubbly. Pass with the ribs.