FOOD FOR THE SOUL: Basil and Vegan Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Basil and Vegan Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Recipe by CHEF STACEY DOUGAN
The key to this recipe is using absolutely fresh ingredients. The vegan cream cheese is amazing, and the fresh herbs bring the flavors alive!
Ingredients: Makes 12 slices
- 12 slices French bread (cut 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup tomato – seeded and diced small
- ¼ cup onion – diced small
- 2 tablespoon chopped pitted olives
- 8 ounces Vegan Tofutti Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh basil
Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6-8 inches from the heat for three minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion and olives; set aside.
Combine cream cheese and basil; spread on top of each slice of bread. Top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.