Monday, May 17, 2021

Affordable Housing Opportunities for All Rural Nevadans

February 15, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Affordable Housing Opportunities for All Rural Nevadans BY KATIE COLEMAN “The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” Maya Angelou, “All God’s Children Need Traveling Shoes” Nails and beams. Insulation and paint. They’re just some of the things we use […]

YOU! HAVE THE POWER | Dr. Ellen Brown

February 8, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Insurrection! BY DR. ELLEN BROWN Insurrection: noun. A violent uprising against an authority or government. In the United States of America? Surely, you are mistaken. There was an insurrection in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021. Now, we know that the media freely uses more familiar and inciting terms to describe demonstrations that occur around […]

Already, The Worst Decade Of My Life? | By Louie Overstreet

February 8, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Already, The Worst Decade Of My Life? BY LOUIE OVERSTREET We are only in the fourteenth month of the 2020s — and it’s already the worst decade of my lifetime. In the first decade of my life, the 1940s, America was plunged into WWII — the war where “all gave some and some gave all.” […]

January 21, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Democracy Prevails…What’s Next? BY DR. ELLEN BROWN Welcome to 2021! New Year – New Governing Body – New Opportunities for Change. The United States of America is a democracy. The past four years demonstrated increasing decline in expectations of what democracy meant to Americans and the world. Should there be varying definitions of this term […]

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District renews Vegas Strong Academy for Semester Two!

January 21, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District renews Vegas Strong Academy for Semester Two! The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District will continue its partnership with the City of Las Vegas in hosting four Vegas Strong Academy locations that will support distance learning for the second semester for the 2020-2021 school year, which begins on January 4, 2021. […]

Remembering the Westside Slugger

January 21, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Remembering the Westside Slugger Joe Neal is remembered with a loving tribute by his friend Claytee D. White. What more is there to say? It has all been written: first Black Nevada State Senator … served 32 years … enlisted in the U.S. Air Force … championed civil rights for Blacks … fought for human […]

Is America Damaged Beyond Repair? | By Louie Overstreet

January 21, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Is America Damaged Beyond Repair? BY LOUIE OVERSTREET It would only be slightly hyperbolic of me to answer the question with a yes. However — not so much desiring to scare you to death, but to prevent from doing so to myself — I am going to go with “possibly.” The primary reason such a […]

January 4, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

Power Demonstrated BY DR. ELLEN BROWN One year ago, my December 2019 column reflected on the American Dream. My story was that of my parents — who began their lives together in the 1940s when they married and months later my Dad-to-be was whisked away to serve in the US Navy in the South Pacific […]

America Needs To Take The Holidays To Search Its Soul | By Louie Overstreet

January 4, 2021 by  
Filed under Community

America Needs To Take The Holidays To Search Its Soul BY LOUIE OVERSTREET America, as a functioning democracy, needs to seriously search its soul. Further, too many of us chose not to do anything when we witnessed Trump damn near bludgeon democracy to death. First, we have to stop opposing good ideas on the sole […]

November 16, 2020 by  
Filed under Community

Twenty power moves for 2020 BY DR. ELLEN BROWN The only place from where we can take action on anything is where we are at that point in time. Even though the activity may be in the future, its planning process must occur as an action in real time. The cliché that comes to mind […]

« Previous PageNext Page »