Black to Green – 10 Ways to Live
Here are 10 easy steps for living green and being eco-friendly. Taking these small but meaningful actions in our day-to-day lives can add up quickly and make a significant contribution to preserving our environment.
1. Recycling your trash is a great way to reduce waste and reuse items.
2. Conserve water and electricity by running the dishwasher and washing machine only when they are full.
3. Turn off the lights. Use natural light to use less electricity.
4. Carpooling can help conserve gasoline and oil.
5. Don’t let the water run while you are brushing your teeth.
6. Use the recycled, reusable grocery bags now available at many stores.
7. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs.
8. Replace toilet flappers every few years to reduce leaks.
9. Cut down on paper usage.
10. Trade water-thirsty grass for water-smart plants and desert landscaping.