FOOD FOR THE SOUL: Fresh Spring Fish Tacos
Recipe by Executive Celebrity Chef Dominique Solomon
Spring is here, and freshness is most definitely in high demand! This recipe for fish tacos is sure to have you coming back for more. Not only are they a delicious seasonal favorite, they make for a very healthy meal. The secret: Instead of deep-frying, put the fish on a grill after coating it with flavor-packed herbs and spices.
For more information on this healthy, flavorful recipe, and many others, visit www.incrediblechefproductions.com
Makes 3-4 Servings
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
6 fresh tilapia filets
2 tablespoons dried cilantro
2 tablespoons Crazy Cajun spice
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Corn or whole grain tortillas
Diced white onions
Thinly sliced cabbage
Thinly sliced carrots
Fresh lime wedges
Your favorite salsa
1. Mix up the taco seasonings and keep it in a shaker jar with a tight lid.
2. Sprinkle the seasoning over the fish, tossing to coat.
3. Make sure the grill is hot and well-oiled before grilling.
4. Grill fish for 3 minutes and flip and grill for another 3 minutes until the fish is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. To assemble each taco, add fish to tortillas, top with accompaniments and enjoy! Be sure to squeeze the fresh lime wedges on the tacos for that extra pop of spring flavor.