FOOD FOR THE SOUL: Good Ol’ Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Recipe by Executive Celebrity Chef
Chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food, and this creamy, chunky soup is loaded with chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, peas, carrots, corn, celery, onions and green beans in every bite. You can modify this with the vegetables you like to suit your taste.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 1/4 cup flour (to make gluten-free, use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch instead)
• 2 cups water
• 4 cups fat free milk
• 1 large celery stalk, chopped
• 1/2 medium chopped onion
• 8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
• 2 chicken bouillon cubes
• fresh cracked black pepper
• 1 tablespoons of thyme
• 1 tablespoons Cajun Crazy Spice
• 10 ounces frozen classic mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
• 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed small
• 16 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced small
• sea salt
1. Combine 1/2 cup of the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
2. Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil. Add celery, onion, mushrooms, chicken bouillon, all seasonings, frozen vegetables and return to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, and slowly whisk in,
4. Cook another 2-3 minutes until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Top off with phyllo dough and bake for 5-7 minutes at 375 degrees.
For more information on healthy recipes, visit http://www.incrediblechefproductions.com and “like” the Incredible Chef Productions page on Facebook to get new, innovative recipes and tips on living a healthy lifestyle.