FOOD FOR THE SOUL: Summer Quinoa Salad
Summer Quinoa Salad
Recipe by CHEF STACEY DOUGAN
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed drained
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Place the quinoa along with 2 cups salted water in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to the lowest heat setting. Simmer until water is completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, about 20 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and garlic.
Add the remaining ingredients, including the quinoa, and gently combine. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to let the salad cool and flavors combine.