FOOD FOR THE SOUL: Basil & Vegan Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Basil & Vegan Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Recipe by CHEF STACEY DOUGAN
Get your fresh basil and sweet tomatoes at Vegas Roots Community Garden! It’s in season — and they have tons of it!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 12 slices)
- 12 slices French bread (cut 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and diced small
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoon chopped pitted olives (optional)
- 8 ounces Vegan Tofutti Cream Cheese (or vegan cream cheese of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6-8 inches from the heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomato, onion and olives; set aside.
• Combine cream cheese and basil; spread on top of each slice of bread. Top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.