FOOD FOR THE SOUL: Fresh Fruit Cobbler
Fresh Fruit Cobbler
This recipe is absolutely delicious and versatile. Mango and peaches are my favorite, but feel free to use the fruit of your choice!
Recipe by CHEF STACEY DOUGAN
- 1 cup brown sugar or other sweetener
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 4 cups fresh fruit, sliced or chopped into
- medium pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup granola or oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine
- Vanilla soy milk and Water
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine ½ cup sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch in a saucepan, then stir in the fresh fruit and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, then boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into a 9” square baking dish.
Combine flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, granola/oats and salt. Cut in margarine. Mix together until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in soy milk or water until mixture holds together, then drop spoonfuls onto the hot fruit.
Bake until golden brown or crust is cooked — about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite nondairy ice cream.