FOOD FOR THE SOUL: Spicy Sautéed Red Pepper Green Beans
Spicy Sautéed Red Pepper Green Beans
My mother came home one day and told me that she had the best green beans for lunch. She asked me to replicate the recipe…so I did…and here it is!
Recipe by CHEF STACEY DOUGAN
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 1 lb. fresh green beans – washed and
- ends picked
- • 1 cup red bell pepper – julienned
- • ½ cup water
- • ¼ cup vegetable oil
- • 1 tablespoon fresh garlic – chopped
- • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- • 2 tablespoons liquid Aminos
- • Sea salt to taste
In a large pot, heat water and pour in green beans and red bell pepper. Allow to steam on medium heat for approx. 10-12 minutes. Do not cover the pot as the green beans will lose their wonderful green color. Add remaining ingredients and sauté for another 5 minutes or until tender. Serve warm.